We call it in Cebuano dialect as "binangkal". My grandmother used to cook this one, and i made it a try too. At first, i made it so hard but its soft in the middle though. But i kept on trying until i get just the right consistency of the mixture just like my grandmother did. Must try this too.
- 500 grams all purpose flour
- 200 grams white sugar (optional brown sugar)
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 150 ml evaporated milk
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla essence or vanilla extract
- cooking oil for deep frying
- 1 cup sesame seeds
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and sugar. Mix well.
- In a different bowl, combine oil, milk and vanilla extract.
- Combine the dry mixture and the liquid mixture together.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Using two tablespoons, make a round ball and roll it in a sessame seeds.
- Then, using the palm of your hands roll it again.
- Heat the oil in a medium heat.
- Deep fry the formed batter balls.
- Drain excess oil.
- Serve and enjoy.